Image from our Entry Reveal
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I ended up working on Valentine’s Day yesterday, but it was certainly an exciting shift. The fire alarm went off around 9:00pm, and because we are in a building with fireproof walls, we remain where we are until told to evacuate. As always, we thought this was a drill… until the fire trucks showed up, and the alarm keep going and going and going… The charge nurse came to report that she couldn’t even make the announcement because the sprinklers were creating hurricane-like conditions in the lobby. Fun times. In the end, we found out a sprinkler head broke. No fire. When I left, the first floor was covered in an inch or two of water. Those poor people cleaning that mess at midnight.
… And here we are. Monday. We are headed into our final two weeks of the 8 Week Cleaning Challenge. This week we are going to be working on the entry ways; this includes the front entry, mudroom, vestibule, etc. While these areas tend to be smaller in nature, a lot can accumulate: coats, shoes, hats, scarves, mittens, backpacks, grocery bags, mail, etc.
- Depending on your flooring, vacuum or wash the floors- If you have tile, try this for getting your grout looking better.
- Vacuum/Dust Baseboards
- Wash Rug(s)
- Dust All Surfaces
- Clean the Windows and Window Sills- I know I talk about this every week, but these glass cleaning products are my favorite thing ever!
- Dust/Clean Blinds
- Dust/Clean Heating Vents & Cold Air Returns
- Disinfect Door Knobs & Light Switches- Try using these DIY Cleaning Wipes
- Do something to spruce up your entry: Add some pictures, art, fresh flowers or a welcome sign.
- Figure out an organizational system to corral incoming papers and mail.
- Figure out an organizational system for coats, backpacks, etc.
Here’s your printable for the week: 8 Week Cleaning Challenge: Entry. If you need a few ideas for this space, here are some posts that may help:
- Preparing the Mudroom for Summer– I realize, it’s still winter, but there are several ideas that could apply to either season
- Mudroom Reveal
- Homework Station
- Homework Organization
- Organizing Paper Clutter
Have a wonderful week!
You Might Also Enjoy: