Welcome to week one of the 8 Week Cleaning Challenge!
When you look at your whole house and see all the messes and disarray, it can be pretty overwhelming, right? I have come to find that tackling one space at a time (and doing a thorough job with it) can be a more manageable solution. Each week of this challenge focuses on one “space type”. This first week we are going to tackle bathrooms… all the bathrooms; so if you have one bathroom, you’ve got a whole week to tackle that one space. We have two in our house, so I will choose two days and tackle one bathroom each of those days. If you are super motivated, feel free to tackle all your bathrooms in one day.
There is a lot to do in a bathroom. Lots to clean. Lots you can organize. Ready?
- Wash the Floors
- Clean the Sinks and Counters- Here’s a great DIY All Purpose Spray
- Wash the Mirror(s)- I discovered the perfect way to clean mirrors without any streaks… and all you need is water.
- Clean the Toilet
- Clean the Tub/Shower
- Organize Under the Sink
- Organize the Drawers
- Organize Medications/First Aid Items (Toss medications & sunscreens that have expired)
- Empty the Trash
- Wash Rug(s)
- Hang Fresh Towels
- Vacuum/Dust the Baseboards
- Clean Windows and Window Sills
- Dust Fan Vents
- Dust Any Shelving
- Disinfect Door Knobs, Toilet Handles, & Light Switches (I always use these homemade cleaning wipes for this task).
I love crossing things off lists. If you’re like me and want a list of bathroom chores for the week, here you go: 8 Week Cleaning Challenge: Bathrooms. Print off as many as you need. You can tape these to the bathroom door(s) or create a 3 ring binder.
Love it? Pin it!
This post was updated on March 9, 2020
You Might Also Enjoy: