Welcome to week five of the 8 Week Cleaning Challenge!
We are half way through our 8 Week Cleaning Challenge! Four weeks down, four more to go. This week we’re concentrating on our living spaces: living rooms, rec rooms, playrooms, etc. … the places you unwind and relax, play games, do puzzles, and have conversation.
As a reminder, you have an entire week to work on these spaces. I know a lot can accumulate in these areas, especially if you have young children. Just take it one day at a time. Here is your To Do List for this week:
Cleaning Living Spaces
- Depending on your flooring, vacuum or wash the floors. If your carpets are a little smelly, freshen them up with this DIY Carpet Deodorizer.
- Vacuum/Dust Baseboards
- Dust All Surfaces, Wall Frames, Ceiling Fans/Other Fans, and Screens (If there is a television/computer in the room)-You can learn more about my favorite dusting products HERE
- Clean the Windows and Window Sills- I know I talk about this every week, but these glass cleaning products are my favorite thing ever!
- Dust/Clean Blinds
- Wash Any Blankets You May Have
- Clean Mirrors
- Remove Couch Cushions… Find Treasures… Vacuum
- Deodorize your Upholstery- Here’s an easy DIY Upholstery Spray or use the Carpet Deodorizer mentioned above
- Sort, Organize, Donate/Toss- This is another areas where the DONATE, PUT AWAY, NEEDS A HOME boxes may come in handy, especially if going through a playroom.
- Dust/Clean Heating Vents & Cold Air Returns
- Disinfect Door Knobs & Light Switches- Try using these DIY Cleaning Wipes
As always, here is the printable version for you to use: 8 Week Cleaning Challenge: Living Spaces
Click Here to See My Favorite Living Room Cleaning Tips
Week 1: Bathrooms // Week 2: Bedrooms // Week 3: Laundry Room // Week 4: Closets // Week 5: Living Spaces // Week 6: Office // Week 7: Entry // Week 8: Kitchen
Love it? Pin it!
I too love the idea of getting away from shop bought chemical type cleaning agents.
I have just found your site, very interested in your ideas.
Erin Meyer says
Welcome Tricia! So glad you commented to let me know you stopped by. I really have loved finding DIY cleaning recipes that work, and are better for my family. Happy to have you following along!