Welcome to week two of the 8 Week Cleaning Challenge!
I hope your bathrooms are sparkling and clean after week one! Nice to get those toilets out of the way, right? This week we’re going to tackle all the bedrooms. Just like last week, you have an entire week to get them done. If you have 2 bedrooms, choose 2 days and tackle one each day. If you’re ambitious, go for more than one each day.
As you work on the bedrooms, think about some things you can do to make the environment more relaxing; after all, this is a place to relax and unwind. If your room is cluttered and overwhelming, try to declutter by donating items that are in good condition and throwing out any items that are broken or in poor shape.
- Depending on your flooring, vacuum or wash the floors
- Vacuum/Dust the Baseboards
- Dust All Surfaces, Picture Frames, Ceiling Fans/Other Fans, and Screens (if there is a television/computer in the room)- Check out this post for a few of my favorite dusting tips.
- Clean Windows and Window Sills- Try using this Norwex Microfiber Cleaning Cloth Package… Seriously, if I could only recommend one cleaning tool to use, these would be it!
- Dust Blinds
- Clean Your Mattress
- Wash All Bedding, Including Pillows and Stuffed Animals
- Organize Nightstands
- If the bedroom has a smaller closet, go ahead and organize it. Donate clothes that are no longer worn. If you have a larger, walk-in closet, we’ll focus on that in an upcoming week of the challenge
- Organize Dresser Drawers
- Empty the Trash (If you have one in your room)
- Wash Rug(s)
- Dust/Clean Heating Vents & Cold Air Returns
- Disinfect Door Knobs & Light Switches- Try using these DIY Cleaning Wipes
- To add a little freshness, try this DIY Linen Spray, these Lavender Drawer Sachets, or this idea for freshening closets or drawers.
Here’s your printable for week 2: 8 Week Cleaning Challenge: Bedrooms
As you and I both know, rooms don’t stay clean forever, so remember to go back through your bathrooms and tidy up a bit. Here’s a post on helping you create a cleaning schedule that works for you so you can stay on top of everything that needs to get done.
Love it? Pin it!
You Might Also Enjoy: