Image from our Office Reveal
Happy Monday! We had quite the weekend. My brother and his wife had a baby boy on Saturday, so we got to hang with big sister for a couple days. Last night, we hosted a Superbowl Birthday Bash for my middle. Poor thing has a December birthday, so we always put off partying until after the holidays… l-o-n-g after the holidays, apparently. #oops
A new week means another space to clean and organize. This week we’ll be conquering the office. You may call this room something else: den, craft room, sewing room, etc. You get the idea. If you have none of the above, you are off the hook this week.
I’m letting you in on a little secret… My office? Disaster. Since I started blogging, I’ve been accumulating a lot of stuff. Along with the “stuff”, I suddenly see everything as having potential: cardboard, glass jars, plastic containers. Everything. Plus, the paper clutter is getting a little out of control. Paper clutter is the worst.
No matter how bad it is, we can totally do this!
- Depending on your flooring, vacuum or wash the floors- Stains on your carpet? Try this.
- Vacuum/Dust Baseboards
- Dust All Surfaces, Wall Frames, Ceiling Fans/Other Fans, and Screens (If there is a television/computer in the room)- Tomorrow I’ll share some products for cleaning electronics.
- Clean the Windows and Window Sills- I know I talk about this every week, but these glass cleaning products are my favorite thing ever!
- Dust/Clean Blinds
- Deodorize your Upholstery- Here’s an easy DIY upholstery deodorizer ?
- Sort, Organize, Donate/Toss- This is another areas where the DONATE, PUT AWAY, NEEDS A HOME boxes may come in handy.
- Dust/Clean Heating Vents & Cold Air Returns
- Disinfect Door Knobs & Light Switches- Try using these DIY Cleaning Wipes
- Organize Emails
- Organize Photos
- Organize/Toss Paper Clutter… Yes. that means going through the filing cabinet…
Later on in the week, I plan to do a couple posts on the “bonus points” topics, so stay tuned. As always here is your “to do” list for this week: 8 Week Cleaning Challenge: Office
Have a wonderful week!
You Might Also Enjoy: